Monday, August 6, 2012

Decadence

Once in a while it is time for a little decadence, a bit of a vacation from my normal menu.  I was lucky enough for my oldest friend and her husband to visit on her birthday so I got to have just such an occasion to veer slightly from the every day.  I decided to try make something grain-free still but use real sugar.  Usually I use stevia or a blend of stevia and erythritol but I am not super comfortable baking with these items so I decided to use real sugar.  This seemed to be just the right chance to make a cheesecake and make a nut crust instead of the normal graham cracker crust.  I also don't own a spring-form pan so I decided a bar would be better.  Then began my Pinterest & Google searches for just such a recipe.  I found a few:  one that had blueberries & lemon, a Nutella cheesecake and then I found a Turtle Cheesecake Bar.  Bingo!  Just what I was looking for!  I haven't used Louanne's Kitchen blog before but she looks to aim for gluten-free which can fit right along with my eating habits a lot of the time.  She created a gluten-free cheesecake bar here and I think it was a hit! 



For once I pretty followed the recipe, so not much here for me to share except that it is YUMMY!  I do believe everyone who had a piece thought it was delicious and I would definitely make it again for a special occasion. It is very rich and you only need a small piece so make sure you have plenty of people around to help you enjoy the deliciousness!  I haven't made a cheesecake before but I didn't have any problem with this at all.  I did use an extra pan of water underneath the cheesecake in the oven so that it didn't crack.  Worked like a charm! 

Hope you have just such an occasion to try making this yummy decadent dessert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment